Spirituality and Pastoral Care Services throughout the agency are coordinated by the Pastoral Care Program at Maryhaven. Bible classes and preparation for the sacraments are offered in the Children’s Program while special prayer groups take place in Adult Services including memorial services to impart healing and some understanding of the circle of life with God’s intervention. Spiritual Care Companions accompany some of our developmentally disabled individuals by sharing life and prayer. Spirituality for the staff is enhanced through the offering of Reflection Days usually six times a year as well as through the presence of the Sisters of St. Dominic.
Pastoral Care at Maryhaven- is the care, presence, concern given to employees and individuals during life moments that challenge the human spirit. It is a reminder that we are with each other.
It is enriched by:
- Bereavement Services - Memorial services and bereavement notices for individual and staff are provided
- Food Pantry - distributes food to individuals and employees who are in need each month. Provides holiday gifting to the needy.
- Spiritual Care Companions - Trained volunteers visit our individuals for prayer and companionship bi-monthly.
- Employee Support - Flowers, cards, and books are sent to employees after an illness or death, the birth of a child.
- Sick Day Bank - Provides days to employees who have had a catastrophic illness, accident, and need more accrued time.
- Annual Memorial Service – provided to honor our individuals, employees and family members who have died during the year.
- Support Services – provided resources for employee assistance; credit union, housing, emergency funding
- Individual Counseling – is available upon request at any time