Children's Residential and Day School Programs
Maryhaven offers a highly structured school program with individualized instruction, residential options in both home and dorm settings, 24/7 cross-setting behavioral programming, and 24 hour nursing. Our beautiful 11 acre campus includes a ballpark, track, sprinkler park, and playground designed by an autism specialist. This setting promotes unparalleled teamwork to help students make progress and become active members of the community.
Referrals are submitted by the school district CSE recommendation, or referral by the Department of Social Services. For more information about the admissions process, please contact our Admissions Careworker.
450 Myrtle Avenue
Port Jefferson, New York 11777
- Special Education
- Residential and Day School Programs for Intellectually Disabled Children Ages 5-21, and specializing in those autism spectrum - New York
- State Approved/Non-Public School
Adult Residential and Support Programs
Our philosophy is rooted in the belief that the whole person is valued, and all aspects of an individual's life are recognized as important. By embracing a team approach (including the individual staff, family members, and other significant persons in the individual's life), we work together in helping the person to identify and attain life goals and a happy satisfying lifestyle.
- Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs) assist both ambulatory and non-ambulatory individuals and operate with 24 hour supervision. Through a clinical team approach, residents receive assistance with self-care, independent living skills, and offen more significant medical and/or behavioral needs.
- Individual Residential Alternatives (IRA) are homes which often have a smaller number of residents. They serve as home to individuals who have a wide variety of personal needs. Staff supervise the daily activities of the home and provide a structured setting for the residents to develop their skills and reach their life goals. IRA Apartments are apartments for individual, who are semi-independent in meeting their own basic day to day needs. Training and supervision are individualized and focus on activities act such as menu planning, cooking, budgeting and leisure skills. Staff supports are provided several hours per week.
Additional Adult Services
- Individual Support Services (ISS) is a grant program which offers financial assistance, service coordination and residential habilitation services to individuals, thus enabling them to live independently in the community.
- Weekend Recreational Respite-This is a Saturday program available to people with intellectual disabilities. It is a recreational program that gives participants the opportunity to develop the social skills needed for successful, participation in the broader community.
- Wisdom Gardens-A first of its kind housing initiative aimed at providing affordable housing to senior citizens and people with intellectual disabilities. The complex is located on Terryville Road in Port Jefferson Station and includes 40 affordable senior housing apartments, with six apartments reserved for people with intellectual disabilities and a community center for the residents to enjoy.