New Hope, a funded agency of the Nassau County Department of Mental Health, Chemical Dependency, and Developmental Disabilities Services and NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services, provides a safe, therapeutic environment for chemically dependent individuals and/or individuals with co-occurring disorders for purposes of stabilization in a residential setting; along with compassionate care, and preparation for the next level of the recovery process.
Individualized, Client-centered Services
• Medical Evaluations
• Psychiatric Evaluations
• Short-term therapy
• Chemical Dependency Evaluations
• Medication-Assisted Treatment
• Wellness and Chemical Dependency Education
• Stabilization Counseling
• Case Management
• Self-help, group and individual meetings
• Collaborative assistance with referral
• Transportation provided locally to the next
level of care
• Semi-private rooms
• Three meals daily and snacks
• Courtesy Phones
• Washers and Dryers
Pre-admission screenings are encouraged. It is recommended to contact New Hope by telephone and complete the screening process with a nurse or counselor. An appointment for evaluation will be provided immediately following the telephone screening.
New Hope will accept clients who walk-in without prior screening; however, admission may not be possible if there are no beds available.
Admissions are prioritized in accordance to Federal requirements and will be accepted in the following priority manner:
• Pregnant intravenous substance users
• Other pregnant substance users
• Other intravenous substance users
• Substance users at risk of losing custody of their children
• All other individuals
Beds may not be reserved in advance.
Services are open to both men and women.
You May Bring:
• Shirts and undergarments for five days; one sweatshirt or sweater
• Disposable scrub pants are provided by the program during your stay
• Comb or brush; hair dryer, newly purchased make-up only
• Identification, insurance/Medicaid card, social security card
• Additional clothing may be dropped off the day
before discharge to the next level of care
• Electronic devices, including cell phones, are not allowed
• Contraband, including tobacco products, will be discarded if brought on the unit.
Please call (516) 546-7070 for more information
Admission to this unit is protected by Federal and State Confidentiality laws and regulations. We may not inform any person or agency of a client’s attendance in this program or disclose any information unless consent is obtained in writing. We are obliged to disclose information as determined by a court order or to medical personnel in the event of a medical emergency.
It will be required to submit proof of insurance during the admission process. As an OASAS-licensed stabilization program; New Hope will contact the managed care company or insurance company for notification of admission and will subsequently bill for service days provided. It is anticipated that the individual will meet co-pay obligations. There may be circumstances that New Hope can assist you with obtaining insurance coverage. Lack of insurance will not preclude any individual from receiving stabilization care.
Directions to New Hope:
From Sunrise Highway or Southern State Parkway
• South on Meadowbrook Parkway to Jones Beach
• Exit M9W (Merrick Road West to Freeport)
• Merge onto Merrick Road
• Left on Mill Road (1st traffic light)
• Left on Buffalo Avenue (1st traffic light